Benefits of B-Vitamins. B vitamins play a vital role in maintaining good health and well-being. As the building blocks of a healthy body, B vitamins have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism.
The body has a limited capacity to store most of the B-group vitamins (except B12 and folate, which are stored in the liver). A person who has a poor diet for a few months may end up with B-group vitamins deficiency.
Signs of vitamin B12 deficiency include:
- Difficulty maintaining balance
- Intestinal problems
- Mood disturbances
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- Poor memory
- Soreness of the mouth or tongue
The B vitamins are:
- thiamin (vitamin B1)
- riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- niacin (vitamin B3)
- pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)
- pyridoxine (vitamin B6)
- biotin (vitamin B7)
- folic acid (vitamin B9)
- cobalamin (vitamin B12)
Certain groups of people are more at risk of B vitamin deficiencies, such as those who:
- are on vegetarian or vegan diets
- elderly people
- have diets that include large amounts of high-sugar and processed foods
- drink too much alcohol
Most people get the vitamins they need from a healthy diet, which has a wide variety of foods, including:
- plenty of vegetables, of different types and colours, and legumes/beans
- grain (cereal) foods, mostly wholegrain, and/or high cereal fibre varieties such as breads, cereals, rice, pasta, noodles, polenta, couscous, oats, quinoa and barley
- lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts and seeds
milk, yoghurt, cheese and/or their alternatives, mostly reduced fat
B-vitamins are essential for our blood cells, hormones, and nervous system.
Benefits of B-Vitamins in your diet.
If you are interested in using any HCG Diet Skin Patches, please click here for our carpet HCG Diet Australia to schedule an appointment.